- More construction and more traffic! The ride from Entebbe to Jinja. I saw widened highways, new overpass construction, and new traffic signals. It took more than 5 hours during the day on Saturday. Let’s blame Kampala.
- Doing business on Sunday! A big chunk of the market and most of the supermarkets were open. And clothing stores. And nearly everything on Main St., Jinja. Watch out Sabbath, commerce is here.
- Nice cars! BMWs and Volkswagens and even a Hummer…in Jinja! Most driven by Ugandans. Assuming people are coming over from Kampala for the weekend.
- Internet! The house I stay in has (mostly) functional wifi! Boda drivers are taking calls on their smartphones…while driving! (Someone please donate headsets) Tinder is in Uganda!
- Big buildings! Five stories and more. So much scaffolding, I feel like I’m in Midtown Manhattan.